Wednesday, April 25, 2012

quick update

Seems like all I ever post on here is little updates. So here is the update as of late:

The weather has been GORGEOUS lately! I LOVE it! I have been spending my afternoons sun tanning in the back of my dad's flatbed (I don't have a yard so it works haha) Gotta get this baby belly brown :)

Baby is growing. Finally starting to look prego at 19 weeks hehe! And I can feel baby move now so that is really fun!!

Chaney has been working super hard! Sun up til sundown almost everyday. But he just informed me that if he keeps this up he'll have a six pack. ;)

This past weekend we looked at a ranch to possibly lease after this job is done. Chaney really likes it, looks like a good opportunity. The house needs a lot of work though, so with a baby on the way I am a little concerned about that. But God is in control and has always taken care of us so we are trusting. As my mom and sister put it, my first house was huge. Now I live in a mansion. So next I need a castle! haha. (I would be happy with something a bit smaller as long as it is in good condition)

I had a doctor appointment last week and that was fun. I love my doctor and love hearing my little baby's heart beat! :)

Other than that, things have finally settled into a routine and we are just enjoying our time here. It's difficult to invest in friendships and a community when we know that in about a month and a half we are leaving, but I have been fortunate enough to make a few friends, even though it'll be harder to leave it's worth it to spend my time getting to know them.

OH! I almost forgot, I have been milking the milk cow at the ranch with the other wife, Torey, and it is so much fun! I am not drinking the milk, but everyone else is. I am learning what I can about raw milk and making butter and all that fun stuff. Someday I want my own milk cow so I thought this would be good practice. We can't milk Trudy (the cow) for ten days though because they are giving her some medicine for her bad quarter. That is okay though. It is usually a race between us and the calf to see who can get to Trudy first (the boys keep them separated during the day and turn them in together at night however they don't always tell us when they are putting her in and the calf will suck her dry before we get to the barn) so the calf is probably pretty happy these days!

Also, our truck in ND is finally legal and has, what looks like, long-term work. This trucking stuff has been a long process and frustrating but hopefully now it will start to go more like we planned. It has been a major learning experience. We are thankful for the opportunity to try something new though.

Lastly, yesterday Chaney felt like he was getting really burned while he was working and without any sunscreen handy he decided the best option was to put mud on his arms. Yes, he used mud as sunscreen. So I HAD to take a picture to share.


5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness!Corv is sitting here freaking out over what he is seeing, his arm, whoa!!! Glad to see you blogging darlin' and I keep praying and also know that God is in control and we trust Him. (deep breath) Love you La! Oh, BTW, can't wait to share my evening with you last night....whoop, whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYA!! Love the update. Chaney is one resourceful man. :) Mud is better - less chemicals :).

    Blog more :). XXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a milk cow! Its so nice having fresh milk! She's not the sweetest thing, so my husband milks her. I have a few times, but has a tendency to kick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, a squirmy baby in a growing belly, that is gooood stuff! Glad that's going good!

    We have two milk cows, and a heifer that is soon to have her first calf. So, we are in the milk cow business. It's the best! These boys love the fresh milk, and it's SO much better for us all! One of ours is the sweetest, and the other is a hag, but I help milk too, mostly D does it, but I'm very capable, too. Will be glad when the boys are helping out with that, and other chores. Ha!

    Oh the sunburning... Well, like the reader above said, at least mud has less chemicals. Way to go on thinking of that though, beats nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the update. Makes me laugh...the growing baby...the calf..the mud..the truck..the house...lots and lots going on...You got this babe..it's all good.

    ReplyDelete