Thursday, October 13, 2011

A day in the life....

It's been awhile since I've blogged....I keep trying to think about what to say and always come up short. So today I decided that I will just let you all know what a typical day looks like around here....

Chaney wakes up. Lets the dogs outside.
Comes back to bed. Sleeps for another hour.
Chaney gets up again. Drinks coffee. Reads bible. Watches AG-PHD (OR as I call it...the farm show).
I get up. Get dressed. Make breakfast.
We eat.
Chaney goes outside and works. I go read my bible.
Get caught up with people. Facebook, email, phone calls, blogs, etc.
Then I clean our room and the living room. Shower.
Avoid the kitchen.
Chaney comes back inside. Makes phone calls. Back outside.
Lunchtime. I make lunch. We eat. And watch 2 episodes of the office. Or one if it's a long episode.
We both go outside. (Kitchen still messy)
I do my best to help Chaney. But usually just end up encouraging the good work he's already done.
I head back inside....think about writing some thank you's that are a bit overdo...oops. (sorry everyone I promise they will be done soon...)
Time to start dinner or if it's early....bake. :) (today Josh- my cousin that is living with us- has requested Cheesecake).
Dinner is almost ready. Chaney comes back to the house, done for the day. Josh comes home too.
I finish dinner.
We all eat together. Put our plates in the sink (I cleaned it before dinner).
Head to the living room for an episode of "Chuck". or two...depending on how early it is.
We laugh at what bums we are. Eat some dessert.
Now it's bedtime.
Get up the next day and do it all again.

My days don't tend to vary far from this....however sometimes in the evening Chaney and I will ride our fat ponies. or Scout for bears. or take a drive in the woods...hoping to see a bear.
Tuesdays, my days are different because I have bible study an hour away in Augusta (which I am loving). On those days sometimes Chaney and I drive to Great Falls to get groceries and ranch supplies then we hang out with our other married friends that live in Augusta. Sundays we go to church in Augusta. And Saturdays are sometimes adventurous. Other than that our days stay about the same but I enjoy my time with my husband.

It is a big change from when I was living back in Oregon with my big crazy family. But it is good and I am learning and growing.

3 comments:

  1. Love you Bissy!! You will forever cherish this sweet time with your hubby, because it is just for a season and then things always change. I'm glad you are embracing it. Love you and miss you big...and I love that you are growing...hopefully not from the Cheesecake..just from the relationships...hehehe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about your little BIG life. I wonder alot during the day 'what is La doing?' so now I know. I know it's different but you know? I am learning different is good and sometimes the Lord needs different to show up where maybe we didn't have time or a place for Him before. I love ya, you little pioneer woman you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, speaking of, you know that Pioneer Woman has her own show on the food channel on Saturday mornings now right? It's a great show, I just love that woman!

    ReplyDelete