Monday, September 30, 2013

Green grass

This was our "yard" this spring. I've always wanted a good yard for my kids to play in because I had a great one growing up and made many memories playing in our yard. 

So Chaney did most of the work preparing the ground and planting seed and watering...although Maubry and I did water several times and I usually pulled the weeds...joe also helped water and Mac mowed a lot. It was a family effort and this is what we ended up with 

Yay! It's been the perfect first yard. We actually only started with half the size and it grew so well we planted more later in the year. Maub and I have been out in the yard this summer playing in her pool and laying in the shade. Our friend Joe gave us a hammock. Chaneys mom got the lawn furniture at a garage sale. And Mac put up the little pink swing for maubrys birthday. 

Our yard has definitely been a group effort but it has proven to be well worth the work. I love watching God grow up the grass. We work to plant and prepare but only HE can make it grow and thang will never cease to amaze me. We just sprinkled little frail looking seed on the hard dirt and God has given us a place to enjoy right outside our house with soft green grass. 


3 comments:

  1. Love!!! God Gave you a great big awesome tree for your yard too.God knew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this space, it looks so peaceful. ANd yes, you did have a huge yard when you were little. I remember lots of fun times there on that grass. It is the small things isn't it?

    ReplyDelete