Tuesday, May 21, 2013

8 months



8 months. 8 wonderful, growing, challenging, blessed, perfect months. My precious girl is 8 months today. I can hardly believe that in 8 short months I've become a mommy, birthed a child, and watched that child learn something new everyday.


My little miss has taught me more about what my relationship with God is/should be like than any other relationship I've ever had. As I watch her learn new things all the time I see that sometimes she gets frustrated but she looks at me and then tries again. Just as we should look to Jesus and keep on trying. And the TRUST that she has in me.... She literally relies on me to give her life and she never argues, whines or denies that truth. She just knows that I will take care of her. And it makes me wonder... Who do we think we are to not trust God? Or question Him? Or deny Him? He paints the clouds in the sky and hangs the moon up every night... Don't we think He will care for our needs? His children made in His image! I also see the way she is CONSTANTLY growing, developmentally, physically, mentally and emotionally, shouldn't we ALWAYS be growing too?! Striving to learn. Achieve. And get better. We shouldn't stay like infants waiting to be fed, changed and held.


Being a mom is the greatest gift a woman can be given and I will always be thankful for my treasure. She teaches me more than I could ever really learn.

Back to miss maub:


In the past 8 months Maubry has learned to crawl, pull herself up on everything, giggle, throw fits, do "more" in sign language, squeal, screech, babble, say "dada", drink from a sippy cup, feed herself and so much more.... It's amazing to me what one person can learn in 8 months! She truly does light up my life.


Maubry loves to play outside in the stroller or in the dirt, as long as she is outside she is happy(usually). She loves people and animals (especially dogs). She does not like the wind, it makes her gag and blink a lot! And the sun makes her eyes VERY squinty! She loves anything that makes her think she is big, like standing or self feeding. Bath time is her favorite time. And she loves to be read to, she also like ripping pages out of my books.



Basically Maubry is an 8 month old girl who loves life and I am a borderline (ok maybe over the line) obsessed mommy! We love spending every single day together and look forward to many many many more months!

4 comments:

  1. Oh La!!!! YOu make me want to have another first. (smile)I thought it was funny when you said that wind makes her gag and blink alot. That was funny to my bones.

    She is a precious baby girl, and I am so glad you wrote this. I LOVE it so much, so much, keep it up you will be so glad you did.

    I love your insight about growing up in Him and how we should trust Him just as our babes trust in us. Very insightful, again, love it. Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet little Mommy!!! I love this post. I love that you are a mommy and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Maubry. I love all the things she is learning and I love all that you are learning about Jesus. You bless me so much. Give Maubry and love for me!!!!

    Nay Nay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give that girl a hug from me!! You remind me of when I was first a mommy!! My favorite thing was playing praise songs and giving Sydney a bowl and spoons to praise along too :) Love every moment and keeping looking to the Lord for guidance and all your children will rise up and look to Him first for guidance and direction. You are amazing and beautiful because you are a God fearing family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's precious!! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete