Friday, November 18, 2011

Sorting and Shipping Calves in the Snow

Today was COLD! WINDY! SNOWY! And just a tad miserable. But of course today was the day we had to sort the calves from cows. The heifers from the steers. And the poor heifers from the good heifers. It was quite the adventure/mess. But we "got 'er dun." Having this project done is a big relief for my husband which is a big relief for me. Here are some photos of all the fun (I only had my camera for the end of the day...) :



the heifers we will keep for the winter

hard-working-hot-husband in front. and two guys who helped us.

bundled up!

our friend and neighbor.

loading up.



:)

how many men does it take to start the pump?
4 of these 5 guys tried the same exact thing before they tried something new and got it running.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I love the last one and the comment Lashae...you better hope all those men don't read your blog. :) I want to know who the 5th try was...that tried something different...I bet it was my VERY smart son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that mother inlaw is sure trying to make points it looks like....I love your cowgirl moments! You are something, you know I love ya!

    ReplyDelete